Tour de SFC










Every year about this time, the boys and I ride a 100K (62.5 miles) for Sheaves for Christ. This is a program that helps assist missionaries with vehicles. It also provides the opportunity for college-aged young men and women to gain scholarships to Bible colleges and the Urshan Graduate School of Theology. It also helps with a diversity of other youth programs that not only affect the nation but the world at large. In addition to this, it also provides the ability to start new churches in target areas within the US.

We are on a countdown because we will be riding on September 9, 2006. We have been riding quite a bit this year already but we have stepped up our “training” in the last few weeks. Yesterday, we round 15 miles in 94 degree weather. It was a few hours after a major thunderstorm and so the humidity was at 74%. Needless to say, it was quite hot and humid!

Justin, Nathan, and I need all the help that we can get to help make this effort a success for Sheaves for Christ. We would like to raise $5,000 in this 100k ride. I have set up a PayPal account so that you can give safely and securely online. You also will receive a receipt for your sponsor for tax purposes.

I have been challenged by a pastor in Moulton, Alabama. Kenny Rogers is going to ride with us for the first time this year. Also, my usual challenge from Mobile is my brother, Mark, who is now the Alabama District Youth President. I am already aware that he will be able to finish before I do but I would definitely like to raise more money than him or Bro. Rogers.

We need your help!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Characters from Pilgrim's Progress -- Evangelist

OSTINATO RIGORE

North Dakota District UPCI--Day 5--Bible Study Notes--Philip Harrelson